Reiki is a form of alternative medicine developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. Since originating in Japan, Reiki has been adapted into varying cultural traditions across the world – it is not a religion, rather a way of life. Reiki practitioners use a technique called palm healing or hands-on healing through which a ‘universal energy’ is transferred through the palms of the practitioner to the patient in order to encourage emotional or physical healing.
A treatment that incorporates Reiki can feel like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around the client because Reiki treats the whole person including the body, emotions, mind and spirit. Reiki treatment creates many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect.
Reiki Practitioners follow these 5 principles as taught by Dr Usui:
- Just for today do not be angry
- Just for today do not worry
- Just for today be grateful
- Just for today do your work honestly
- Just for today be kind to every living thing
Angie has progressed to Reiki Level 2 and has personal experience of the healing properties of the therapy. Angie uses Reiki personally in her home and clinic to clear negative energies, balance and heal, and as a method to reduce stress and promote relaxation. Angie offers clients the opportunity to receive Reiki in conjunction with Clinical Hypnotherapy and Emotional Freedom Technique, rather than as a standalone therapy.
The UK Reiki Federation – https://www.reikifed.co.uk
* Reiki is a complementary therapy; it is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. It is not a substitute for a medical examination, nor does it replace the need for services provided by medical professionals.
Always seek the advice of your medical professional before making any changes to your treatment. Any medical questions should be directed to your doctor.